This is an amazing opportunity for you to experience the farm to fork philosophy that is integral to everything we do at The Ballymaloe Cookery School, in just one day.
What you’ll learn
- How to gauge when produce is ripe for harvest
- How to make the most of fresh produce, from root to shoot
- Ways to really enjoy the freshness of eating farm to fork
- Superb seasonal recipes and ways to adapt them throughout the year
- A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, where you’ll help gather seasonal vegetables, fruits and herbs - and even enjoy a little foraging
- A short demonstration of essential techniques, with your teacher sharing a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips
- A practical, fun and hands-on session in the kitchen, where you will cook from scratch. There’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience
- A delicious, relaxed dinner enjoying the fruits of your labours
Good to know
- Morning coffee, tea and homemade biscuits served on arrival
- Bring your own wellies and waterproof coat if its wet weather
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open afterwards for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in synch with the seasons.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.