Vegetarian cooking has become increasingly exciting and innovative in recent times. So whether you are vegetarian yourself, cutting down on meat for health or ecological reasons, or want to entertain vegetarian guests in style, after three hours you will come away with a host of brilliant ideas and mouth-watering recipes.
Sit back and relax while we show you how to conjure up a global selection of recipes which showcase vegetables, spices and herbs not just as side dishes but the main event, worthy of celebration. Tabouleh loaded with fresh aromatic herbs, Onion Bhajis and Indian Spiced Vegetable Pakoras with tangy Mango Relish. And banish blandness as you learn how versatile tofu can be with recipes from around the world including Sesame Tofu, Ginger Tofu, and Tofu in Coconut Curry Sauce.
The course gives centre-stage to the beautiful organic vegetables and herbs that we proudly grow here at the Cookery School, and celebrates the ever-increasing varieties of fresh produce available in markets and supermarkets, as well as the nutritious, affordable powerhouses of any vegetarian diet: pulses, beans and grain, including many newly popular grains – pearl barley, spelt and faro.
What you’ll learn about
- A global selection of vegetarian recipes
- The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- The importance of using a good olive oil and vinegar.
- How to make your food look as good as it tastes
- Interesting things to do with pulses, beans and grains.
- A Light Lunch is included after the Cookery Demonstration.
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
• We run this course several times a year
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.