Join us for this Live Stream of our Demonstration
The restaurant at Ballymaloe House has been welcoming guests from all over the world since Myrtle Allen opened the doors of her family dining room to the public in 1964. Her philosophy of serving fresh, seasonal food from the surrounding farm, walled garden and local area was the start of the farm to fork revolution in Irish food which continues to this day.
The menu at Ballymaloe House has evolved throughout the years, but there are many classic dishes that continue to be favourites and that people come back year after year to enjoy.
We have chosen a selection of iconic, signature dishes from 60 years of Ballymaloe House menus for this demonstration and for you to enjoy cooking at home. Recipes and tastings included.
What you’ll learn
- A selection of great Ballymaloe House recipes featuring fresh, seasonal Irish produce, much of it from our own 100-acre organic farm.
- A variety of essential techniques that you’ll use again and again in your own kitchen.
- A pack of all the recipes used in the demonstration will be provided for you to take home.
- This demonstration session shows how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Our teachers will share a wealth of knowledge through expert tips and techniques.
- Students can ask questions and will have the opportunity to taste the dishes at the end of the demonstration.
Good to know
- Our shop will be open for further inspiration: discover new cookery books, kitchen equipment and the best quality ingredients.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.