Christmas is for enjoying and celebrating with all the family, not for getting stuck alone in the kitchen throughout the holidays. We want to help you bring that Christmas cheer to your table in more ways than one, by learning how to get the best out of seasonal vegetables and adding a little festive fizz and sparkle to desserts.
This course will give you plenty of wonderful recipes that bring a twist to the traditional Roast Goose or Turkey Christmas Dinner while also giving you some ideas and recipes to whip your leftovers into a feast for days.
We will show you tips of what to cook ahead and any preparations that can be done a couple of days prior ……….. having that delicious vegetarian dish prepared for example, in case any vegetarians join you last minute or what can be prepared in advance and popped into the freezer that will taste perfectly delicious on the day.
To name just a few of the delicious recipes that will be demonstrated during this course…..
Roast Goose with Winter Herb Stuffing, Rose Geranium and Brambley Apple Sauce
Parsnip Soup with Harrissa
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Toasted Hazelnuts
Tiny Plum Puddings and Boozy Ice Cream
Come along yourself or how about an early Christmas gift for a special friend....
“I attended with my sister in law and we had an absolutely wonderful day from start to finish. I'm telling everyone about it! I can't wait to try out the recipes and will definitely return.” Student feedback
“I didn't expect so much content to be covered, so that was a very pleasant surprise. It was a really enjoyable day and the food was delicious. I've been recommending it to everyone I've met since!” Student feedback
What you’ll learn about:
- A combination of traditional and more innovative festive recipes and drinks
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to create a visual feast
- Two demonstration sessions, showing how to cook the dishes from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
- Lunch is included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
- Coffee, tea and homemade biscuits served on arrival
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- There’s plenty to do and explore in the area
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.