As anyone who is coeliac, or who cooks for someone who has a gluten intolerance, will testify it can be challenging to produce really delicious, balanced meals. We continually test recipes and add to our repertoire so this is suitable both for the newly-diagnosed coeliac, who has never baked before, as well as the more experienced cook. This course is created for those on a gluten-free diet who face the dilemma of longing to taste ‘real’ food. You’ll learn about a whole range of tasty and easy-to-prepare dishes including gluten-free sweet and savoury pastry, crackling salmon with coriander pesto and gluten free raspberry muffins. Suddenly, cooking for coeliacs will become a pleasure not a chore. Advice on alternative ingredients and lots of baking tips will help take the mystery out of successful gluten-free cooking.
Bring an apron and couple of knives.
Among the gluten free dishes you will learn how to make are
- Debbie Shaw's Healthy Gluten-Free Soda Bread
- Gluten-Free Sweet Pastry
- Gluten-Free Banana, Date and Walnut Bread
- Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes with Crème Fraiche, Dill & Smoked Salmon
- Crackling Salmon with Coriander Pesto
- Coriander Pesto
- Gluten-Free Shredded Poached Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad
- Gluten-Free Chocolate, Almond and Pear Tart
- Raspberry Muffins
- Chocolate and Almond Cake
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.